Monday, August 6, 2012

Last Two Weeks


oh wow, last week flew by in a second!

let this week be a week of catch-up, because I most certainly have a lot to show and tell




last weekend the husband and I jumped in the car and drove to New York City

that might not sound super special to you, but believe me, coming from Europe, driving to NY is a big deal




despite the fact that we were there for only 48 hours, we had an amazing time walking the streets of Soho

and I ate my heart out at Purl Soho, as you can imagine haha




after we got back from NY we welcomed a dear friend from Chicago to our home

we spent a few wonderful days full of laughing, chatting, and drinking delicious latte's and eating summer pie

I got fresh sunflowers and sent out two of my blankets to charity projects




a rare picture of me on the blog ~ the husband took this one just after I enjoyed a delicious cupcake

from Magnolia Bakery in NY, that has to be the reason I am smiling widely and looking so happy!

also, I finished and shipped the latest blanket order and I must admit, I love it




furthermore, Summer is still in full swing here in Canada and we enjoy it to the maximum

with fresh trout on the BBQ and peaches from the farm some dear friends got us

a lucky thrift find was this massive glass wine jar that is shining in my studio now

and the pencils are not only pretty, but also environmentally friendly, made of 100% recycled plastic




that's a whole lot of bits and pieces of subjects and items, I will be sharing more of this week!

have a beautiful Monday

l o v e 



8 comments:

  1. Lovely bits and pieces of your life. Nice to see you too! That blanket is lovely and the colours so cheerful. You did a good job! It sounds as if you had a wonderful time in New York!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Driving to NY sounds like a big deal to me! What an adventure, and I bet Purl Soho was fantastic. Glad to hear you are enjoying good food and company (and weather) in these summer months! Love, love your latest blanket - especially the coral border. It really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me it sounds very special, to jump in your car and to drive to NY! Lovely photo's again, I like the colours. And the blanket!
    Groetjes, Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maaike, have loved following your trip to NY..was so envious of your trip to The Purl Bee..must of been eye candy for you!
    I think the photo of you is wonderful..you look so happy❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post full of positive energy!!!
    xxxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your pictures :) the coffee is really cute! have a nice evening, svenja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoi Maaike,
    Wat een heerlijke post heb je gemaakt. New York lijkt me echt geweldig!!!
    De gehaakte deken ziet er schitterend uit!!!
    En ik vind je foto prachtig! Wat een mooi figuur in de koffie/ capuchino....haast zonde om in te roeren of van te drinken, haha.
    Ik wens je een fijne week
    groetjes van Ester

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, rijden naar NY!!! Gaaf!!! Dat kunnen niet veel Nederlanders zeggen.

    ReplyDelete

~ sweet thank you for your lovely words ~